Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Location Location

So in going through my first photography class, we recently read a chapter regarding locations and months within the year that would be good for taking great pictures. There were 12 different locations and each one was assigned to a different month. Well, the professor wanted us to pick one of the locations and blog about it. Also, do a little research about it and why we picked that specific location.

The location that I picked was Mount Rainer National Park. The park is located in Washing and is home to an active volcano. Also, during the August season, there are flowers galore that are blooming all over the place. I picked this location because one of the topics in photography that interests me is landscape. I love the scenery that comes with the landscape photos that are taking. I find it, that if looking at the right picture, as cliche as it sounds, can be quite breathtaking. Seeing great landscape photos makes me want to be able to take photos like that. What I liked about Mount Rainer, is the active volcano with it and it sometimes being snowcapped. Even though its only one mountain, I like mountains a lot. Then the flowers that are blooming around it can really add to the photo.

August seems like the best time to go because there is so much going on at the time. The tourists that go to the park are starting to dwindle down. There is also a little snow on the volcano that makes for great shots. There are tons of flowers in so many different colors and the trees are just starting to change because of fall add to it. In the shots, you can get a snowcapped mountain with fall colors and flowers giving it a sign of spring. It can make for quite some beautiful shots.






No comments:

Post a Comment